Saturday 1 May 2010

Do it in the morning

The benefits of exercising in the mornings
Love waking up early on Saturday morning and go to a gym to do a session of cardio. Just came back from my gym and being in a very positive mood I decided I would like to write a post why it is extremely good to you to exercise in the mornings.
I wouldn't write about it if it wasn't a good healthy habit of course. And there are some physical and psychological benefits of it.
The most important thing to my mind if you exercise on an empty stomach in the mornings you loose 300% more body fat! Wow! That's a lot! I'll dig into biological explanations of it in my next posts and will give links to fitness resources that prove it. At the moment just believe me that it is true.
When you do it first thing in the morning you don't have excuses of skipping your workout later on the day. You are done with it, satisfied, you can forget about it for the rest of the day and have much more free private time in the evening. And as most of the gyms are almost empty in the mornings you don't have to queue for a treadmill, weights, benches, machines and space for stretching. Another physiological benefit is if you feel shy by the way you look (happens only when you are just starting to go to the gym), or you are intimidated by people watching you working out there are much less people in the morning to disturb or distract you in the mornings. Unfortunately you can't get rid of all the people unless you have your own gym. I personally as well feel much more energetic and confident after a workout.
And the last thing is (girls this one is for you) I have noticed there are more handsome and fit guys lifting weights in the mornings! Even if you don't feel like talking you can still enjoy watching....
Hope I managed to make you at least to start thinking of changing your routine and starting working out first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment